I think all gardener's should feel free to participate in this meme so I've come up with my own list. It wasn't easy but I've decided these are my six plants I can't live without:
1. Lilac - We always had lilacs at my parent's house so I love them partly because of the feelings of nostalgia when I see them - and especially in the spring when I enjoy their heady scent - but also they are just so easy to grow and they are a fantastic old-fashioned plant to have in the garden.
2. Lavender - This is one of my all-time favourite plants. I love the different varieties and the fantastic scent and the way they attract bees. It can also happily flourish in containers as well as in the ground.
3. Marigold - This is another plant that I grew up with and I've always adored. I love the cheerful colours and all the different varieties. 4. Rose - I've always loved roses but found them difficult to grow in Minnesota where the growing season is so short. To be living in England where roses grow almost like weeds, I am in heaven! Roses are definitely a must-have plant in my garden!
5. Common box (Buxus sempervirens) - A beautiful, sturdy evergreen plant for topiary and hedges. I have some growing in pots and some in the garden.
6. Sunflowers - This is such an attractive plant and easy to grow and it attract bees and birds.
Okay it's your turn: name the six plants you can't live without and post the list on your blog and then put the link to your post in the comments.
I think it will be interesting to see what plants are on everyone's list!