Saturday, February 12, 2011

Plans to sell England's public forests are under review

Ministers halt some forest sales after public outcry

The government has put on hold plans to sell off some English forests - but the main scheme could still go ahead.

[link via BBC News]

This is good news however the delay is regarding only the planned sale of 15% of state-owned forests in England. There is still widespread concern about the remaining 85% of the public forests.

Consultation: Future of the public forest estate prepared by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Forestry Commission.

Forestry Commission - The future of the Public Forest Estate in England

If you are concerned, you can sign the petition via The Woodland Trust to support the Save England’s ancient forests campaign.





Save England's Forests

No comments:

Post a Comment